Books! Books! Books!
Top | Current Reading | On Hold | Recently Finished | Can't Wait to Start
- Buddhism Without Beliefs, Stephen Batchelor.
Subtitled, A Contemporary Guide to Awakening.
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff, Richard Carlson, Ph.D.
It's the #1 best-selling book of the year, according to USA Today, so I'm sure you've heard of it. If you don't think you have, think hard. Ever hear of, "Repeat to yourself, 'Life isn't an emergency'"? This and 99 more ways to change the way you think and act, gain greater perspective on life, relax, enjoy life. Here are some more goldies:
- Resist the urge to criticize.
- Get comfortable not knowing.
- Practice humility.
- Quiet the mind.
- Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace.
The guy's a genius. Has to be. So amazing. Oh my god.
- Japanese Civilization, S. N. Eisenstadt.
Comparative look at Japanese history, religion, culture, and social organization. A lot more academic than I'm used to for the subject matter. We'll see.
- The Vagina Monologues, Eve Ensler.
Makes you think a couple of extra times. And laugh. And cry.